Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Norris Reid - The Kingston Sessions 1978-1985

Postby onlyroots » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 am

2xLP - Norris Reid - The Kingston Sessions 1978-1985

http://www.onlyroots-reggae.com/fr/comp ... mande.html

Norris Reid has rubbed shoulders and recorded with the greatest Jamaican artists.

He released many singles under the aegis of producer Augustus Pablo such as the deep "Give Jah The Praises" on the rhythm "Satta" revisited, "Black Forces", "Entrance of Jah World" or "Rise in the Strength of Jah" that he later covered as a member of the Viceroys.

With them he recorded two albums as well as their greatest hit "Heart Made Of Stone" before leaving Jamaica in the mid 80's for the USA.

This compilation of recordings from 1978 to 1985 pays tribute to one of the key figures of Reggae's golden age.
A truly artist with a unique voice.

onlyroots

Re: Norris Reid - The Kingston Sessions 1978-1985

Postby onlyroots » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:43 am

onlyroots

Postby skunkride » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:08 am

This reminds me of the releases done by Makasound 15 years ago - similar concept & design.
Good luck with it !
skunkride

Postby Dubba » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Ordered this today from Honest Jon’s along with a few other Only Roots releases, just want to show some appreciation for their fantastic releases and long may they continue.
Dubba

Postby jb welda » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm

they want to charge me TAX as well as shipping at that onlyroots site

aint gonna happen

jb
jb welda

Postby onlyroots » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:38 pm

jb welda wrote:they want to charge me TAX as well as shipping at that onlyroots site

aint gonna happen

jb

What you mean by "tax" ? We don't charge more tax than any other seller. The only tax we charge is the VAT as everybody unless you're not in Europe. And I don't think you got free shipping either from others shop for the order of one album. So what's the problem ?
onlyroots

Postby jb welda » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Here is "the problem":

Total produits TTC :
€22.49
Total frais de port (TTC)
€5.52
Taxes
€4.67

See that "Taxes" part? aint paying it, I am in the USA not Europe.

Nobody said anything about free shipping, its the taxes on top of the shipping that kills it for me. nearly half the price of the item for shipping and taxes.

Get the record to Amazon or Juno and I will buy it, looks like a nice release, but I don't just throw money down government bungholes if you see what I mean.

thanks for your reply
jb
jb welda

Postby onlyroots » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:24 pm

jb welda wrote:Here is "the problem":

Total produits TTC :
€22.49
Total frais de port (TTC)
€5.52
Taxes
€4.67

See that "Taxes" part? aint paying it, I am in the USA not Europe.

Nobody said anything about free shipping, its the taxes on top of the shipping that kills it for me. nearly half the price of the item for shipping and taxes.

Get the record to Amazon or Juno and I will buy it, looks like a nice release, but I don't just throw money down government bungholes if you see what I mean.

thanks for your reply
jb

These taxes are the VAT (20%) in France and if you check it better it's just informative.
I mean the 4.67 € of taxes are included in the price of the product 22.49 € they are not added to it (check the total price the addition is not too difficult ;D).
As foreigner if you place an order you're right you won't be charged of VAT so you will pay it
22.49 - 4.67 = 17.82 € (for the product).
In the example you sent it seems you didn't make an account. Just register and after giving your delivery adress you'll see the total price.
In UK For Juno it's the same thing. They have to charge 20 % of VAT unless you're a foreigner (outside Europe).
So let me tell you if you buy it in Amazon or in Juno you'll pay the record more expensive than from my website.
Well my friend. This is just to show you you're wrong. Any more informations you need you can write me to info@onlyroots-reggae.com
onlyroots

Postby jb welda » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Well I might be wrong (won't be the first time) but I was going by what your site was telling me. And yeah I did not make an account; I typically do not make accounts to buy stuff, unless I have to. I am funny like that, dont like spreading my info all over the net for no good reason.

But from what you say, sounds like i would not have the issue if i had made an account so i will do so. Typically i buy from Juno these days but would rather support the artist(?...does it?) and/or the producer. I would pay more if i knew the artist was getting a good chunk but thats beside the point. Looks like a great release so i will revisit the site and buy it. thanks for the clarification

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm

except that you want 19 euros to ship to the usa.

and i know i sound ignorant american for saying this but my french is not up to speed so i have a difficult time with your site. Kool noh though.

jb
jb welda

Postby onlyroots » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:42 pm

jb welda wrote:except that you want 19 euros to ship to the usa.

and i know i sound ignorant american for saying this but my french is not up to speed so i have a difficult time with your site. Kool noh though.

jb

Well ignorant I don't know but a bit complicate maybe yes :D
in the top right side of the website you have a link to change the language from French to English.
For the shipping as you know it's not free to ship from Europe to USA. Maybe you could select various records to save a bit, it's the same price up to 2 kg.
Now please write to my email if you need further help or assistance because I don't think blood&fire forum is the best place for that !

And anyway you can still buy it from Juno as they buy the record from me and I paid Norris for this release so it's still a way to support him. Or maybe you can contact him as he has some copies https://www.facebook.com/norris.reid.98

thank you
Kiéran
onlyroots

Postby jb welda » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Sorry I did not get back sooner, but thanks for the help. Certainly looks like a great release, I may go with Juno since I don't do facebook. Personally, would rather buy it direct from the artist, but since no facebook, that is hard.

thanks again for the help star

jb
jb welda

Return to New Release Announcements