An Englishman, a Serb and a Turk discussing Music in 2003

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

An Englishman, a Serb and a Turk discussing Music in 2003

Postby Novice » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:54 am

Tune In 2....Look what I've found for you, unfortunately it's the only sample I have. This was from 2003, I'd say about 5 or 6 months before the beginning of the end of a once thriving playground. Just another day on the old board. "The Man" is Penny Reel aka Peter L. Simon, engaged in one of his hobbies, along with compiling Top 10 lists, writing poetry and changing the lyrics to songs to fit a particular person/topic/narrative. Zoki is Zoran, engaged in one of his hobbies, along with posting an endless supply of wacky pictures, turning a topic into some sexualized form based on the most minute connection anyone could possibly make, usually involving a dildo but not in this case. Me is Mehmet, engaged in one of his hobbies, along with an uncanny ability to hijack virtually any thread like a pied piper of discussions, addressing point by point all the people and comments that have graced him with their time and attention. Enjoy....or don't, sure beats staring at the same topic titles day in and day out!!

I Turned Zoki On
Author: The man (---.nas.onetel.net.uk)
Date: 05-31-03 23:26

I Turned Zoki On

I turned Zoki on
Now I can't turn Zoki off
I turned Zoki on
Now I can't turn Zoki off
What a good, good feeling
A great sensation oh Zoki and me baby
A good combination
Zoki to me, Zoki to me
Zoki to me, Zoki to me

Baby I started but I can't stop
I admit that I started baby
Oh but I can't stop it
What a good, good feeling
A great sensation oh Zoki and me baby
A good combination
Zoki to me, Zoki to me
Zoki to me, Zoki to me
And get it George

Oh I turned Zoki on. Zoki to me
Zoki to me, Zoki to me
I turned Zoki on
But I can't turn Zoki off
Baby I said I turned Zoki on
But I can't turn Zoki off
Come on girl light my fire
Set me a little bit higher wooh
Round and round and up and down we go
Where we gonna stop baby nobody knows
Zoki to me, whip it to me
Give it to me, Zoki to me
Zoki to me

Written by Rudolph Janic
Recorded by The Manic Janics from the album 'It's Your Parrot' (Serenade In Belgrade SIB 144845) 1970

Reply To This Message
Re: I Turned Zoki On
Author: zoki (---.ptt.yu)
Date: 05-31-03 23:36

SEX
SEX is the official abbreviation of sodium ethyl xanthate, which is a flotation agent used in the mining industry. Apparently you can get SEX in both solid and liquid forms (should that be hard and wet SEX?), and according to Australia’s National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme signs of high exposure to SEX include 'dizziness, tremors, difficulty breathing, blurred vision, headaches, vomiting and death'.

Reply To This Message
Author: Lone Groover (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: 05-31-03 23:48

Not 2night Josehine ive got a headache

Reply To This Message
Author: Me (---.mad.east.verizon.net)
Date: 06-01-03 02:45

Zoki, I've experienced all but your last and certainly not least symptom listed above. I don't make wishes due to their terrible side effects but death during sex sounds to a person like myself to be the only redeaming quality of life.

As you know, my good friends and astrological teammates, Ernest Hemmingway and Hart Crane, both born July 21, 1899, commited suicide, for what I'm sure were very reasonable and practical solutions to their problems, according to them. As unfortunate as it may be, I, your correspondent on this matter, was also born on July 21st, which in itself is not necessarily a foretelling of impending doom but keeps one suspicious.

Fortunately for Me, I have met many wonderful people through this board and one person in particular stands out as the most wonderful. That person is Peter L. Simon who is more commonly refered to as Penny Reel, Observer or simply "Reel" when it is I who is addressing him. For Me, personally, he stands out for one reason and one reason only, which is that he has taken my suspicions, as mentioned previously, and removed all doubt. He has stated that I have, in his words, "a poetic soul," which could not have sealed my fate any better, as far as I am concerned. You see, to a man with such irrational logic as myself, there could not be anymore evidence supporting the fact that I too will be joining my comrads in their untimely and unfortunate fates.

How this relates to death during sex can only be tied together by yet another comrad with which I probably share more traits of personality with than either Ernest Hemingway or Hart Crane. His name is Robin Williams. If you remove his money, wife, kids, intellect, age and body hair, you basically have Me. I'm not comparing myself, mind you, to Robin Williams, which would be like saying I am poetic, but merely giving you a frame or point of reference. Of the three Cancers on the cusp of Leo, brought together on the 21st of July, I think he would appreciate Me the most. And I will repay him that appreciation now by making no sense what so ever.

How much sex is enough sex? I suppose it depends on what your purpose for f*cking is. My purpose is quite simple really and that purpose, as stated above, is that it is the only redeaming quality of life and I am simply trying to live my life to the fullest. It just so happens that living my life to the fullest coincides with carrying out my fate, albeit in the most unlikely and unrealistic way possible.

The End

-Me-

Reply To This Message
Author: zoki (---.ptt.yu)
Date: 06-01-03 16:22

Dear Mehmet, this posting of yours brought back one peculiar name from my memory - Ivan Albright! He was an American painter (1887-1983), not so famous I guess, and like you, he also has indentical twin brother, named Malvin. His complete ouvre could be described as a "poetry of darkness and decaying". He was fascinated by the process of aging, and in his paintings he tried to convey the ravages of life on human body (and spirit). He worked very hard and slow (it took almost 10 years for some of his paintings), was a bachelor until the age of 49, then married certain Josephine Reeve, a newspaper heiress They had four children—two from her previous marriage and two of their own.

Here is a link if you want to see some of his paintings:

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache:Pj ... n&ie=UTF-8

Reply To This Message
Date: 06-02-03 00:11

"Zoran and Mehmet, two men who would gladly make idiots of themselves to show just how smart others can be and whose destiny's were seperated by mere hours"

Thank you for the link Zoki, despite my general loathing of poetry and in this case art/painting (which apparently are somehow connected according to the intelligencia), I enjoyed these paintings very much. I'm not surprised it took him up to 10 years to complete some of his paintings and that he worked very slow, it shows in his work and apparently the execution of his work since he apparently also aged along with his paintings on the "aging process." In the case of Ivan Albright, I will make an exception and say that his art was indeed very poetic, and subsequently, his poetry was indeed very artistic but ONLY because the man practiced what he felt. Now that's honest and you know how I feel about honesty.

By the way, I cannot take the entire credit for the name brought back to you from your memory...I think perhaps that Lone Groover's post of "Not 2night Josehine ive got a headache" was, at least in part, also responsible for jarring your memory considering he mentioned, inadvertant as it may be, the name of Mr. Albright's wife.

And Zoki, I am a twin, I have a twin but we are not identical because we are too often thought of as fraternizing with....

-Me-

Reply To This Message
Re: I Turned Me On
Author: The man (---.nas.onetel.net.uk)
Date: 06-02-03 00:24

Here we go again. Mehmet hates "art" as much as he "loathes" poetry, mostly it would seem because he is worried about being mistaken for a member of the "intelligentsia". Nevertheless, this is the same Mehmet who enjoys art, poetry, music and all other creative expression whenever he's confronted with same. I imagine he's still at the age when it's easier to say what he "hates" than what he "loves", a kind of post-adolescent bravado.

Mr S, this phoney Philistinism won't do. I know (and you know too) that in spite of all your protestations, you enjoy the creative impulse quite as much as anyone else on the board.

Observer

Reply To This Message
Re: I Turned Me On
Date: 06-02-03 00:49

Reel, look mate, I'm telling you like it is..... I did not say I hate creative expression, it is true, however, that I do not enjoy being called creative or people throwing that word around like peckers in brothel because it is anti-productive. I've come to terms with the fact that some people think I am creative but have not come to terms with the fact that I want to kill them when they tell me this. I said it before and I'll say it again, you think philosophy, you don't read it.

If in fact I were to show "bravado" as you INSIST on calling it time and time again, it will be in the form of self-parody not projected rage. I am telling you what I feel and think, or more correctly, what I have felt and thought about poetry and the arts my entire life since kindergarten or about the age of 6. Which can only be described as a dreary, dismal and almost "sinking" like feeling of anxiety or rage or perhaps even psychotic boredom. Not quite sure, which, they all blend into one feeling.

Never you mind what you think I am displaying on the board, I'm telling you the truth man, I just got a funny way of saying it, don't confuse it with art or poetry though.

And just to clear up your amateurish psychological evaluation, I have made it clear and brought up on every occasion possible what it is I love in this world but as suspected, people are not usually too concerned with this. It has not stopped Me though so I suggest you get Deep Down with someone other than Dennis Brown if we want to solve the mystery of the so called poet who could but refuse he would.

-Me-

PS
I am STILL patiently waiting for your response as to what the "idea" of poetry is by the way. Key word being "patiently" which is the opposite of one of your listed weaknesses, "impatient."

Reply To This Message
Some people like the smell of vagina and others enjoy the taste, I say F*ck it...
Date: 06-02-03 00:58

I know this guy Reel, he seems to put things much better than I ever could, as far as you are concerned anyway....

Irreconcilable was the so called difference
Accepted by all this so called inference
Known only to some the level of endurance
Necessary it was to prevent hinderance

Simply put and simply said
What was never alive was simply dead

With mind you love or was it all in your head

With loyalty to the truth you are led

Sincerity is not what caused your dread