B&F BOARD, would you like to contribute? PLEASE VOTE

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Would you be willing to contribute to the survival of B&F message board?

I'll be happy to pay a yearly fee between £5-£10
46%
I'll be happy to pay a yearly fee between £10-£20
35%
I'll be happy to contribute a one time sum between £25-£50
11%
I'll be happy to contribute a one time sum between £50-£100
3%
None of the above
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: B&F BOARD CLOSURE, would you like to contribute? PLEASE

Postby Peacemakeya » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Perhaps we could finance the next stage of the Forum with the new reggae cryptocurrency

:D ScratchCoin :D
Peacemakeya

Postby 99thfloor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:00 am

The Pama forum very recently migrated to a new host (a transition greeted with a mixed reception, but it works), and as I understand it this is a free platform, why couldn't this forum also be hosted in such a way?
99thfloor

Postby B&F Moderator » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 pm

99thfloor wrote:The Pama forum very recently migrated to a new host (a transition greeted with a mixed reception, but it works), and as I understand it this is a free platform, why couldn't this forum also be hosted in such a way?

No idea how to do it, the webmaster of this forum doesn't answer my emails.

Anyone who can help please get in touch - PM or email bafmoderator@gmail.com
B&F Moderator

Postby Novice » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly happens when the funding stops? The reason I'm asking is, will the webmaster even know, are they around, what is it that they actually do besides collect a check apparently. I'm asking because if they aren't responding to emails is anyone actually home. Unless it's privileged, can you provide us with all the information/details so that someone with some knowledge might able to assist with some information, perhaps the solution is simpler than we know?!

-Me-
Novice

Postby jb welda » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:50 pm

what happens when the funding stops is the place goes dark, it no longer exists, as much as it ever "existed". I doubt anyone is being paid anything other than whatever arrangements are made for space for the data and the internet connection, and the only way that is getting paid is through the graces of some unknown person or party (Mick Hucknell?). We don't really need to know anything, I believe, and if no one is in communication with whatever web masters there may be, then we are sailing on a ghost ship that one day will just hit a metaphorical rock and come to a stop. Probably at the end of the month or some other period for which the bills have not been paid.

What I suspect will need to happen is someone find a host for the site, pay the money, put it up and go. Doubt it will have the same URL, but maybe. Maybe some commercial site like GoDaddy would work, but it will require either access to all the current site to copy it over, or someone will need to step up and create a new site that can more or less carry on.

If no one is in contact with the higher ones, then I don't know what else to expect. Certainly one cannot "take over" a site without communicating with whomever owns the site. "We" dont have much pertinent information to base any moves on it seems.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Apostle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:48 pm

There should be some plan of action before the end of this month or the url probably just becomes available. Is anybody on this? Is there a backup?
Apostle

Postby Novice » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Nobody can be on it if you can't even get a response from the webmaster, who I assume is necessary to do or initiate anything.

I have a suggestion, it's a bit guerilla in it's tactics but it just might work. You keep hearing how once it's on the internet it's there forever but that doesn't seem to apply here for some as people seem quite petrified that all the information is going to be lost. Might I suggest, instead of money to keep the board and it's archives going or at least remain alive, that all the members just post a d*ck pic and we could call it "The Member Yearbook" which would be the avatar of each poster in a thread and this I would imagine would guarantee that none of the information on this board ever disappears from the world because shame and embarrassment of that kind live forever!!

Who's willing to chip in lads?

-Me-
Novice

Postby Animist Roots » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:58 am

***** for Reggae, nice one Novice.

Domain name:
bloodandfire.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data
source on 10-Dec-2012

Registrar:
(aq) Limited [Tag = A-Q]
URL: http://a-q.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: before Aug-1996
Expiry date: 15-Feb-2019
Last updated: 20-Mar-2017

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.dns-systems.net
ns2.dns-systems.net

Seems like the deadline will be 15/2/19.
Animist Roots

Postby KING NEWBIE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:22 pm

sad news

I hope this board doesn´t close

if so I hope it stays online for research ( no new posts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xChzCJD0_2Q
KING NEWBIE

Postby B&F Moderator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:45 am

Hi all

Finally managed to get hold of Steve, the webmaster & host of the B&F website.
He says that as far as he could find there are no signs of this website shutting down.
Guess that was just a mistake or misinformation. Anyway, hope that this place is gonna stay with us for many years to come.

Please proceed as usual

Cheers
B&F Moderator

Postby buzzlulu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:51 am

Would that be Steve as in Barrow?
If he is the webmaster and host does that mean he is the one paying the annual hosting bill (which most likely is not that large of a charge)?
buzzlulu

Postby B&F Moderator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:10 pm

buzzlulu wrote:Would that be Steve as in Barrow?
If he is the webmaster and host does that mean he is the one paying the annual hosting bill (which most likely is not that large of a charge)?

Nope
B&F Moderator

Postby Tune In 2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:48 pm

B&F Moderator wrote:Hi all

Finally managed to get hold of Steve, the webmaster & host of the B&F website.
He says that as far as he could find there are no signs of this website shutting down.
Guess that was just a mistake or misinformation. Anyway, hope that this place is gonna stay with us for many years to come.

Please proceed as usual

Cheers

Thats great news
Tune In 2

Postby Peacemakeya » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Good news that our B&F Global Village reggae fireplace is safe and secure for the next mile of the journey.

It look like the recent virus attack has locked out some previous members and they cannot navigate the
re-registration maze.

Seems to me the site platform could be more user friendly. I find the p.m. function to be challenging.

Perhaps there is a willing I.T. brainiac on board who could help our Moderator
Peacemakeya

Previous

Return to General discussion