What Does Reggae Music Mean To You?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: What Does Reggae Music Mean To You?

Postby Flix » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi reggae lovers,

This is my 1st post on b&f ever and it's a fun question to begin with...

To me reggae is a big part of life, although I enjoy music of all genres and times there's not so much music out there that truly hits me like roots reggae does.
I even believe that reggae is physically the most enjoyable music genre to any human being because reggae riddims beat at a similar rate/tempo as the human heart. And then there is the other huge aspect of reggae; the lyrics, the ideology of rebellion, consciousness and yes I do love Rastafari and I know where I 'm comin' from: just a regular Belgian working class family but does that mean I can't praise Jah Rastafari? In my humble opinion Jah Rastafari is just another name for God, the Most High, and I can praise Him. Every religious culture has it's own prophets and some find spirituality with Jah Rastafari like others find this with Jesus or Mohammed...

But enough philosophy, the message in the music is what drew my attention to reggae in the first place, as a 15 years old high school kid I was mostly enjoyed hiphop and hardcore punk wich back then in the 90's had a similar rebellious fight-the-system message as reggae has.

Flix
Last edited by Flix on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flix

Postby Tune In 2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:32 am

Flix wrote:Hi reggae lovers,

This is my 1st post on b&f ever and it's a fun question to begin with...

To me reggae is a big part of life, although I enjoy music of all genres and times there's not so much music out there that truly hits me like roots reggae does.
I even believe that reggae is physically the most enjoyable music genre to any human being because reggae riddims beat at a similar rate/tempo as the human heart. And then there is the other huge aspect of reggae; the lyrics, the ideology of rebellion, consciousness and yes do love Rastafari and I know where I 'm comin' from: just a regular Belgian working class family but does that mean I can't praise Jah Rastafari? In my humble opinion Jah Rastafari is just another name for God, the Most High, and I can praise Him. Every religious culture has it's own prophets and some find spirituality with Jah Rastafari as others with Jesus or Mohammed...

But enough philosophy, the message in the music is what drew my attention to reggae in the first place, as a 15 years old high school kid I was mostly enjoyed hiphop and hardcore punk wich back then in the 90's had a similar rebellious fight-the-system message as reggae has.

Flix

Welcome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWrEV6EBp0
Tune In 2

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 am

Yes, big welcome but I'm not sure if the Board will continue in its present form. I don't have any issue with you praising Jah Rastafari.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Flix » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:Yes, big welcome but I'm not sure if the Board will continue in its present form. I don't have any issue with you praising Jah Rastafari.

Thanks a lot, I hope the forum board doesn't disappear! I've seen some good topics and so far I had fun reading it, so keep up the good work!
Flix

Previous

Return to General discussion