What Does Reggae Music Mean To You?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: What Does Reggae Music Mean To You?

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 am

Dread Archive wrote:The thread has got far away from music & more to do with essays & stereotypes.

But you haven't said what reggae music means to you?
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Is a song not a short essay played on any type of stereo...I think we're more approaching than diverging.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 pm

"Short" being the operative word. Why use one world when you can use ten? :)
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:02 am

Because the 9 other worlds we know as planets are uninhabitable? Your typo has revealed my secret, I come from the 10th planet in your solar system as yet undiscovered by your scientists. On my planet the true intention and meanings of words and sentences are reduced to their simplest forms which causes for very brief communication because we require no more to "get it," as you might say on your planet. I was born with a neurological deficiency which makes it difficult for me to process at the same speed as the other inhabitants on my planet so It makes it quite difficult for me because I don't understand, and for others because patience is not a virtue they were born with or that was even really a necessity. When I was sent to earth I thought I was in what your people might call "heaven" because it seems on this planet the inhabitants are as slow as I am and they too seem to talk and talk and talk endlessly without much progress or advancement, at least in the grand scheme of things. I felt a kinship with all of you because though you are considered morons by the rest of the universe, you are not thought of as such by me. You have given me the opportunity to be as dense and thick as I am because on this planet no one can tell that it is a deficiency or a problem, it's quite readily accepted and approved of and is considered "human." I feel like I am one of you and that I am where I truly belong, the planet of the babbling slow skulls.

This is all your fault, you wrote the typo I only accepted your flaws and kept it moving. Words are important, not because of all that crap about what "words" can do but because quite simply they work better than what came before for thousands and thousands of years, namely grunting.

I love the saying "God gave us two ears and one mouth" because it's supposed to be a clever way of saying you should listen more and talk less I guess. I love it because he also gave us one cock but at a minimum three different places to put it. He works in mysterious ways.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 am

Sounds like a Tory Chat Bot. The thread is now about everything else apart from music.
Dread Archive

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 am

Yes Dread Archive but what does reggae music mean to you?
Ranking Glasses

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:51 pm

What I call good music is meditation, spiritual, healing. That means real instruments with real musicians in analogue aka records not computer digital in any format.
Dread Archive

Postby Novice » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Dread Archive, I have several posts about music, discussing music, recommending music and guess what, no one gives a toss and they attract few replies or responses so do spare the away from music comments because no one really wants to discuss music, really, on here.

Aka records and not digital format eh?? So then wouldn't a record just be the "digital" version of what really belongs in a concert hall where things aren't being recorded but being played by and heard live by people and I assume since digital is not allowed then electric guitars and bass would be out of bounds as well right?? I'm guessing this what people said when recorded music came around how they could only feel alive or spiritual or healed or meditated by the sound in the hall and not on some puny amplification system, analogue or otherwise.

You know you're just regurgitating some convenient ethos of what makes good music ie "real" instruments and records and the rest of that nonsense. It was formed before you got involved and you're just following suit and wearing it like an idiotic badge of honor. You wouldn't know the difference between a record and digital format under the right circumstances and this is objectively true and yet you still want to hold by your belief?
Are you just stubborn or a buffoon?

-Me-
Novice

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:33 pm

A Tory Chat Bot who thinks it has a Smart Arse.
Dread Archive

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Everyone is different and it's their business what they get out of the music. No need for ridicule.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Why does ranting take up so much writing. Seems a one line rant is not enough.
Dread Archive

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 pm

You can read them if you're suffering from insomnia. Put you write off to sleep.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm

My services are a multi-pronged Ranks. Amusing how many words many people have wasted telling me what a waste mine are...me thinks though dost protest oh whatever you know that Shakespeare line that means you like it because you say you don't like it too much.

Dread, well there's this thing called a dictionary which defines words and if you look up the word "rant".......

I wasn't ridiculing anyone, Jesus! I was just suggesting that maybe his thoughts and feelings aren't really HIS thoughts and feelings. I was just trying to help the man find himself, is that a crime? No, it's quite loving and caring so you know...bully for me!

-Me-
Novice

Postby Animist Roots » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Animist Roots

Postby itsmeagain » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 pm

To me reggae has always meant being myself, has always entailed rebellion, always meant struggle.
It has meant great rhythm, fabulous dub.
It will all my life too.
I love reggae.
My favourite type of music.
itsmeagain

Previous

Return to General discussion