Reggae laserdiscs

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Reggae laserdiscs

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:55 am

Many thanks Mr. Moderator for upholding the B&F policy of no threatening or abusive posts.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:30 pm

And just like that - *poof* - they were gone.

You know at one point in history, and beyond, the white race were offended by blacks, by what they thought and said and did and any another offense they perceived to be attributed to blacks so they did and do everything in their power to try and - *poof* - make them disappear from consideration as human beings. I'm sure black peoples had many many arguments and defenses to support that they are indeed human beings and could only respond to the perceived offenses felt by whites with a "too fukcing bad for you" but unfortunately the whites had all the power to moderate and uphold their policy of no sub-human blacks and I suppose who could argue with it because it was after all a "policy" and everyone knows that a policy is binding by God or whatever and so automatically is true and right. I wonder how many whites convinced themselves that this is in fact God's decree and who can argue with God who will smite you down at his arbitrary convenience ranging from anytime up to a second after the offending incident all the way to your deathbed and potentially beyond giving all the observers further arbitrary confirmation of his reality and existence and equalizer of all injustice.

I stubbed my toe once and thought it was God, no seriously I did. Then I thought how stupid that was but then I thought what if I'm punished for thinking that and I realized how would I know if the next bad thing that happened to me wasn't for this or that and I kept going and realized it's madness but then kept going and realized even more that OH YEA, I am an obsessive compulsive person with OCD and various other forms of psychological curiosities that are SPECIFICALLY identifiable in me because of how extreme I make them but are oh so easily disguised in the normal population because they only have it in mild doses. But part of my problems are part of my solutions, I can't go too far with one particular compulsion maybe because I'll over analyze it and fukc up it's momentum, a bit like a subliminal message with some guy standing there yelling out it's secret or exposing it, it doesn't work as well you see.

If I were to call you a SANDWICH, I'm guessing you would be hard pressed to be offended because it would not make any sense and any sense it made would most likely have little effect on you or your mind. To be offended you have to feel something that is already in you, a principle, an experience, an empathy, a sympathy, SOMETHING for the offending item to latch onto and weave it's manipulative force upon you. Normally this should be able to be discussed or identified to see if it has any validity or one should perhaps be sympathized with at their offense. You have a baby that dies and then you hear a dead baby joke, it's understandable that you would be offended but it's also understandable that the dead baby joke did not kill your baby and effects the outcome in NO WAY except to remind you and bring back the bad feelings you have. The dead baby jokes shouldn't have to stop because OFFENSE can be objective to a certain degree but is often times VERY subjective and there is no way to regulate or moderate that without become the type of place where white and black people drink from different fountains and much much worse.

People with peanut allergies should stay away from peanuts but should that require the eradication of peanuts because then what will we feed the elephants to amuse us at the circus but then you can't do that because it offends elephant lovers and by proxy I am also offended by circus' which in turn has offended people who are offended by the fact that I am advocating taking away the joy of children who love circus'. Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we practive to weave tangled webs.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Dread Archive » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Does that all fit on a Reggae Laserdisc !!!
Dread Archive

Postby Dread Archive » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Esther McVey is going on Strictly Come Dancing.
Dread Archive

Postby capullo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 pm

i have never heard about laserdiscs before this thread. are we talking about this? seriously, i don't know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_Video
capullo

Postby John Eden » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 pm

These bad boys:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserDisc

Massive, shiny and obsolete.
John Eden

Postby Novice » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:48 pm

It would appear there is a finite amount of space on the laserdisc because posts have moderated, ie removed.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Ras Berry » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Oh, Mr Moderator - what are you doing? These are the last days of Rome and you're spoiling the flow!

8)
Ras Berry

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Novice wrote:LOL, fukcing hell!!
-Me-

This seems a bit irrelevant now.

I might return to the board now that order has been restored.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Novice wrote:LOL, fukcing hell!!
-Me-

This seems a bit irrelevant now.

I might return to the board now that order has been restored.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:05 am

Nobody believed for one second you were really leaving. People who leave just leave they don't make it a point to point out they are leaving, perhaps you should try social media like twitter or facebook, plenty of pronouncements there about what people are about to do like telling you they are going to ignore you for 37 tweets and not quite getting around to actually doing it because you know....attention, which could be another way of saying BONER, which incidentally, before it became a euphemism for a hard-on used to actually mean a "blunder" or "mistake."

Ras Berry, I can only assume someone sent a PM to the moderator. Either that or the moderator is actually as bored as the rest of us and reads the non-sense being posted. Or Gordon is actually still on the board but has put on a pair of Groucho Marx glasses and now ranks himself above it all.

-Me-
Novice

Postby John Eden » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:09 am

Novice wrote:It would appear there is a finite amount of space on the laserdisc because posts have moderated, ie removed.

-Me-

I guess it’s like a CD that plays end to end with a few glitches ches.
John Eden

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:45 am

Novice wrote:Nobody believed for one second you were really leaving. People who leave just leave they don't make it a point to point out they are leaving, perhaps you should try social media like twitter or facebook, plenty of pronouncements there about what people are about to do like telling you they are going to ignore you for 37 tweets and not quite getting around to actually doing it because you know....attention." -Me-

This isn't "me", it's his brother using his account. :)

I feel able to return now that the Moderator has stepped in. I don't see why I should have to leave the Board because of "abrasive" people anyway. Where someone "left" before Christmas, there have been some really good and fun discussions and none of the ugliness in terms of anger, threats and name calling. Btw, could these be symptoms of cannabis psychosis? :)

I've been on Facebook for some time now. It's a good way to keep in contact with my family and friends in the diaspora.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Dread Archive » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 am

People on Twitter & Facebook all the time at work. Easy job being at work on social media all day & getting paid.

#facebookisclosingdown

#twitterisclosingdown
Dread Archive

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 am

They're blocked at my workplace. I can only access this board.
Ranking Glasses

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion