B&F on Facebook

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: B&F on Facebook

Postby jb welda » Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Its the way of the world. Why, I bet really forward thinking people like mr glasses here has had an account from the beginning.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed May 30, 2018 8:50 am

Welcome back JB! It's ironic that you have reappeared just as the Board is about to be closed.

I was one of the last people I know to open a Facebook account and I only did so because it's a cost effective way to keep in touch with my family in JA, Canada and the States.

I have just become a member of the B&F Facebook site but I haven't really looked at it. Don't know yet if I'll be a contributor.
I'm not sure why we weren't told about it until now?

With all this talk about Facebook, this song comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wq_K61Mh1A
Ranking Glasses

Postby B&F Moderator » Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am

Ranking Glasses wrote:I'm not sure why we weren't told about it until now?

Thats not an 'official' group by the label (which is anyway long gone).
B&F Moderator

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am

It looks pretty official, it has the logo.
Ranking Glasses

Postby B&F Moderator » Wed May 30, 2018 10:06 am

I have the logo as well. Everyone can download & use it. Even you!
B&F Moderator

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed May 30, 2018 10:54 am

I assumed it was a registered trademark.
Ranking Glasses

Postby capullo » Wed May 30, 2018 4:51 pm

there is another FB link where a lot of baffers from this board can be found

http://bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic. ... on#p331598
capullo

Postby 99thfloor » Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 pm

Have we been told? I haven't seen anything...? (I haven't been following everything that has been said in that group.) :?:

About "official" B&F on Facebook, there is this label page (where nothing much is ever posted): http://www.facebook.com/bloodandfirerecords
Last edited by 99thfloor on Thu May 31, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
99thfloor

Postby daniel » Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Ras Berry wrote:It will be a shame when this place shuts its doors for the last time. The end of an era. Before I had a pc at home - circa 2000 - I used to use an internet phone box - the height of technology at the time - and the Blood & Fire site was the first one I checked out

:cry:

Agreed Ras (Richard?). Years before having my own pc as well, I remember using the computers at university to check out, the enhanced content on the late-90's ON-U sound reissue CDs, plus the websites (and message boards therein) listed on the back of my pressure sounds and bloodandfire CDs. Totally different era - as it seemed nearly everyone on the Blood & Fire message board was discovering for the first time this broader community who all also loved the same music, all around the same time. Crazy to think that was nearly 20 years ago.
daniel

Postby drwatts53 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 pm

99thfloor wrote: About "official" B&F on Facebook, there is this label page (where nothing much is ever posted): http://www.facebook.com/bloodandfirerecords/ (Since it also pormotes King Spinna related thngs it seems to basically be Steve Barrow.)

King Spinna is/was Bob Harding and Dom Sotgiu's baby, not Steve's. Steve has his own Facebook page, where he's posting a lot on jazz, but he also posts sometimes on the "unofficial" B&F page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloodandfire .
drwatts53

Postby daniel » Wed May 30, 2018 9:58 pm

99thfloor wrote:

Have we been told? I haven't seen anything...? (I haven't been following everything that has been said in that group.) :?:

About "official" B&F on Facebook, there is this label page (where nothing much is ever posted): http://www.facebook.com/bloodandfirerecords/ (Since it also pormotes King Spinna related thngs it seems to basically be Steve Barrow.)

Wasn't King Spinna all Dom and Bob?

Steve started HotPot around the end of Blood & Fire, plus Equalizer (and Microphonic?).
daniel

Postby 99thfloor » Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 am

drwatts53 wrote:King Spinna is/was Bob Harding and Dom Sotgiu's baby, not Steve's.

daniel wrote:Wasn't King Spinna all Dom and Bob?

Sorry, got that wrong then. Anyway, the point was that whoever runs that Facebook page doesn't post exclusively things relating to B&F.
99thfloor

Postby Ras Berry » Thu May 31, 2018 3:00 pm

daniel wrote:
Ras Berry wrote:It will be a shame when this place shuts its doors for the last time. The end of an era. Before I had a pc at home - circa 2000 - I used to use an internet phone box - the height of technology at the time - and the Blood & Fire site was the first one I checked out

Agreed Ras (Richard?)

8)
Ras Berry

Postby itsmeagain » Thu May 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Yes.
I used to love those phone boxes.
I once got 2 hours free usage as the thing was just not running out as I stood there in the street.
Surely this place isn't closing like Roots archives?
itsmeagain

Postby drwatts53 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:40 pm

Chaz wrote:When we were advised some time ago that the website could close at any time, I found and used this free website copier. It saves an offline copy, on which the search function works! https://www.httrack.com/

How big is the file?
drwatts53

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion