Royal Sounds - Burning Inspiration

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Royal Sounds - Burning Inspiration

Postby capullo » Thu May 17, 2018 5:52 pm

how do you rate this album? vinyl sound quality is quite poor - at least on my white label copy. don't think there is another pressing. anyway, how do you rate the music? i have mixed feelings. some tunes are really good whereas some tunes are a bit more demo tape like. i would say half good, half not so good. interesting approach on some tunes. modern roots with dub poetry or even rap approach. some tunes really get on my nerves. mixed feelings. anyone know this album?

https://www.discogs.com/Royal-Sounds-Bu ... e/11179870
capullo

Re: Royal Sounds - Burning Inspiration

Postby lankou » Fri May 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Basically the same opinion as yours. I just have the CD but when i listened to it with headphones, a number of tunes didn't sound that great. Half of them show real promise, mixing old vibes wth new ones, the variety of vocals works very well. I hope for them that they get more recognition than the fine Rasites who'd have deserved a larger audience.
Speaking of groups,i'd rather listen to RS than anything recorded by Morgan Heritage in recent years.
lankou

Postby capullo » Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 pm

yes lankou, some good tunes for sure
capullo

Postby capullo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:43 pm

only 4 tunes are really good on this album in my opinion. really good tunes i love to listen to again and again.

-Amnesia
-Look How Long
-The Motherland
-Pied Piper
capullo

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:32 pm

capullo wrote:only 4 tunes are really good on this album in my opinion. really good tunes i love to listen to again and again.
-Amnesia

Because you forgot you listened to it before? :lol:
Ranking Glasses

Return to General discussion