Dub Landing 1 & 2 reissues with vocal tracks soon come

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Dub Landing 1 & 2 reissues with vocal tracks soon come

Postby John Eden » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:25 am

Still not a fan of Scientist being erased on these release, but on the other hand I would quite like a vocal set to go with vol1...

Always been jealous of my mate who found the original press on red vinyl for pence...
John Eden

Postby drwatts53 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Both sets now out on CD and LP, at Dub Vendor at least.
drwatts53

Postby 99thfloor » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:40 pm

The blurb says "only authorised reissue", I can't imagine that the Auralux release from 2006 wasn't properly licensed. :?:

Since I have that one I'd be getting these mostly for the companion vocals. Someone said they were not all vintage though, and/or not matching the vocals heard in the dub versions, anyone know?
99thfloor

Postby daniel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:55 am

Think the "only authorised reissue" note probably anticipates Scientist licensing these sets for reissue sometime soon, much like all the sets (greensleeves, etc.) he has licensed for dubmir to release.

I have the auralux issue of dub landing 1, but I'll be looking to pick these up too for the extra tracks and the great Tony McDermott artwork.
daniel

Postby jah_vaults » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:01 pm

daniel wrote:Think the "only authorised reissue" note probably anticipates Scientist licensing these sets for reissue sometime soon, much like all the sets (greensleeves, etc.) he has licensed for dubmir to release.

I have the auralux issue of dub landing 1, but I'll be looking to pick these up too for the extra tracks and the great Tony McDermott artwork.

There are now soundclips online will take a listen
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby drwatts53 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:44 pm

99thfloor wrote: I'd be getting these mostly for the companion vocals. Someone said they were not all vintage though, and/or not matching the vocals heard in the dub versions, anyone know?

These are the vocal versions listed (tracks in bold said to be previously unreleased)

Vol. 1: Unfaithful Children - Al Campbell Babylon Fi War - Ranking Dread Jah Is My Light - Al Campbell Love Is What The World Want - Barry Brown Hey Stranger - Freddie McKay Redemption Song - Triston Palma Rock This A Riddim - Junior Reid Too Poor - Barrington Levy How You String A Sound - Billy Boyo Everyday Rain - Wayne Wade I Need Your Loving - Al Campbell

Vol.2: I'm Toiling On - The Viceroys Can't Test - Sister Nancy Africa - Anthony Johnson Rise In The Strength Of Jah - The Viceroys Christmas-A-Come - Eek-A-Mouse Gone Water Gone - Lee Van Cleef Playboy Girl - Hell And Fire Reggae Explosion - Papa Tullo We Must Unite - The Viceroys A Message - Freddie McKay I Love I Love You - Barrington Levy
drwatts53

Postby Dubdirectory » Fri May 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Vol. 1:
Babylon Fi War - Ranking
is a DJ cut to which track?

Dear people at VP: Why didn't you put everything on one CD? :roll:
Dubdirectory

Postby Dubdirectory » Tue May 08, 2018 7:18 pm

It turns out that it isn't as easy as expected. Some of the tracks on the bonus disk are alternative takes on the rhythm that does not match with the dub.

http://dubdirectory.de/scien_m3.htm

Vol. 2
What is the vocal track to the Papa Tullo cut?

Btw: The CDs are marked "not for sale in France". What did they do to be expelled from the realms of dubwise?
Dubdirectory

Postby 99thfloor » Wed May 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Dubdirectory wrote:It turns out that it isn't as easy as expected. Some of the tracks on the bonus disk are alternative takes on the rhythm that does not match with the dub.

Some of the vocals do not even match with the music it is sung over. What is going on with Al Campbell on ”I Need You Loving"? How does such a thing happen and why would anyone want to release it? It is totally unlistenabe, good thing it's at the end. Things like this come out now and then, where someone is singing in a totally different key through out, and I never get how and why it happpens, but it only happens in Reggae...
99thfloor

Postby itsmeagain » Sun May 20, 2018 6:18 pm

I agree 99th floor.
The track is **** terrible.
Worst I ever heard and I have some crap in my collection.
itsmeagain

Postby jah_vaults » Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Dubdirectory wrote:It turns out that it isn't as easy as expected. Some of the tracks on the bonus disk are alternative takes on the rhythm that does not match with the dub.

http://dubdirectory.de/scien_m3.htm

Vol. 2
What is the vocal track to the Papa Tullo cut?

Btw: The CDs are marked "not for sale in France". What did they do to be expelled from the realms of dubwise?

This must be a brand new marketing gimmick like the marketing gimmick of only 500 are pressed. Bet you will find the same not to be released in France CDs in France very soon. Probably being sold for more then the Cd should retail for.

Will make the French Reggae listeners maybe want to buy it more after being duped & told CD not being sold in France.

If VP had released the full 12 inch versions of the songs with the dubs included then maybe all the dubs would have matched the songs instead of trying to so call mix and match dubs with songs.

Enough said.

Bless
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby yms » Mon May 21, 2018 5:09 am

The France thing will have something to do with legal action. From an older topic:

viewtopic.php?t=14483
yms

Postby jb welda » Tue May 29, 2018 8:31 pm

I got fooled into buying this piece of trash. Never again, VP, never again. They are in the process of wrecking the good name of Greensleeves with atrocious crap like this.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby kalcidis » Tue May 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Why crap? The sound quality is lacking? Or is it something else? Been thinking of picking up these myself for the vocal sets (as I already have the dub albums).
kalcidis

Next

Return to General discussion