Black A Kill Black

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Black A Kill Black

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 pm

47 murders in London this year. Life has got to be worth more than this?
Ranking Glasses

Re: Black A Kill Black

Postby valvehead » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Closure of youth centres, giving the youth no sense of direction, starving them of positive role models, parents stressed to the max battling to make ends meet, social media where misunderstandings breed out and out hate, feelings of alienation from a society that values individualization.
Open up the centres, bring kids back in the fold, let them learn from elders who have already walked the path and have lived the experience. Beat down the vet rich or die trying philosophy, instill a belief that positive human interaction is fulfilling. Music can play a role.

The government needs to realise that through this, the country as a whole gets richer rather than relying on exclusive stock market wealth.
valvehead

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:44 am

48 now.

I agree with what you say. I keep hearing people saying this is a black issue but the truth is that this is a poor black issue so the support and the resources you mention are desperately needed. Incidentally, when knife crime was rife in Glasgow I never heard anyone say it was a white issue.

Youngsters don't believe they have a stake in this society and more stop and search will only alienate them even more.

Parenting is also a huge factor where children and not being taught how precious they are and that they can achieve anything with hard work.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Reggie Love » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:04 am

The massive cuts to the numbers of Met police officers, the scrapping of the Educational Maintenance Allowance, the savage cuts to local goverment budgets and therefore youth clubs and youth provision, the cuts to the further education budgets, all overseen by this government and the rise of gun violence and related gang activity cannot be a coincidence. A rise in nastiness among the elites at the top leads to more nastiness at the bottom. Removing the Nasty Party shower from power and tackling inequality and the ideological austerity implemented by sadistic millionaires will be a great step forward.
Reggie Love

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:38 am

I here what you say Reggie Love but austerity has impacted poorer communities from across the country so why is the violence worst in black communities?

As you say, there's an obvious link to gangs and therefore drugs, weapons and violence. However, it's a myth to say that gangs are a factor in all cases. My friends Tony and Gabby were both shot dead over petty squabbles which had nothing to do with gangs / gang culture. My wife's nephew Sebastian was fatally stabbed over a girl.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Reggie Love » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:16 am

Hi RG, I don't have any particular insights into why the violence is worse in black communities, but black communities are often in inner city areas and the inner city areas have taken a disproportionate hit of the cuts to local authoirty budgets and services, partly because the inner-cities don't vote for the Nasty Party and they hope that opposition-run councils and therefore the Labour Party will get some of the blame for their austerity.
Reggie Love

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 am

Yes, central government has cut funding to local government.

Violence is worse where people feel worthless and they don't have a stake in society or any hope of advancement.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Reggie Love » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 am

Where I live, in Tower Hamlets, East London, the shortage of police is now so severe due to government cuts, the council has decided to use to council tax money to pay for a few extra police officers. And there is now only one 24 hour manned police station in the whole borough.
Meanwhile the super-rich and corporate tax-dodgers get away with it. What an example to set to the youth.
Reggie Love

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah, similar in Catford where our local Police Station is open only part time now with a skeleton staff. Wouldn't be surprised if it were closed altogether soon as there's the big Police Station in Lewisham.

As I say, more police and stop & search might make things worse if they're seen as an occupying force there to harass black people. It might help if more police were black but I've been saying this for 30 years now. My nephew has recently joined the Met Police on the fast-track CID programme where you no longer have to be a PC first to be a detective. I worry about his safety though.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Reggie Love » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:22 am

Yes, I've not always been a big fan of the police and it's certainly not all about having a uniformed presence in people's faces, but to see all services being cut to the bone is sickening.
Reggie Love

Postby valvehead » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Has there ever been real community policing in Black communities where beat police actually knew the families? A great deal of harm originally was done in the enforcement of weed laws which created a gulf between them, and has only got worse. Stop and search for weapons is a different thing. They know the power of real community policing as in the Minor's strike, police from outside were shipped in to pit villages as they knew the local police had strong ties to the community they served.
Good point about Glasgow, demographics in inner city london, in certain area's, mean that violence is likely to be Black area's as that's where Black people live. Check out certain area's of Broxtow or Bulwell in Notts, violence there too, but white. I feel the media perpetuates a myth by bringing race to the equation which just helps to cover the real problem of poverty.
Poverty is only really regarded on a wealth level, but so much more comes under the title..... Educational poverty, community support poverty, emotional poverty aspirational poverty etc.
valvehead

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:20 am

Ranking Glasses

Postby brigadierjc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 am

Terrible stuff. :cry:
brigadierjc

Postby Living Bate » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:47 pm

some good posts in here...

this is from a few months back but well worth a watch