Samory I vinyl

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Dubba » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Received my copy earlier on this week! Was professionally packaged and arrived via recorded UK delivery as promised. Haven’t had a chance to listen to it in its entirety as of yet, however did skim through a few tracks and to these ears it sounds excellent. There’s a misprint on the label of side D as the tracks listed on there are the same as side A. I imagine this is going to go down well with the BAFers that aren’t impressed with the cost of this record :). Glad I’ve got a copy after much procrastination. I’d warmly reccomend to those of you who like me were undecided about purchasing, both because of the price and the unorthodox method of selling.
Dubba
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby 99thfloor » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 am

Dubba wrote:Has anybody received a copy via the post as the only people to have got a copy on here appear to have collected in person?

Judging by posts in a Facebook group I am in, dozens of people in Sweden have recieved it. I am actually surprised by how many times I have seen people post pictures of their newly arrived copy of the album. (I am content with having the CD.)
99thfloor
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby kalcidis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:42 am

What group is that? Are we perhaps both on it (I'm Joakim Skeng)?
Image
User avatar
kalcidis
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:47 am
Location: sweden/stockholm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby 99thfloor » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:00 am

kalcidis wrote:What group is that? Are we perhaps both on it (I'm Joakim Skeng)?

This was the group "Reggaerelaterat" (I see now that you are a member, I am Kent Olsson). I am a member in this and several other groups, but I'm not actively posting or commenting, at one time I just joined several of them mainly to keep up to date with events and such things. I don't find Facebook a good forum for discussion really, posts dissappear to fast in the flow, I also spend enough time online as it is, so I haven't really gotten into the community of that group, maybe I should make an attempt to be more active. :wink:
99thfloor
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:25 am

Dubba wrote:Received my copy earlier on this week! Was professionally packaged and arrived via recorded UK delivery as promised. Haven’t had a chance to listen to it in its entirety as of yet, however did skim through a few tracks and to these ears it sounds excellent. There’s a misprint on the label of side D as the tracks listed on there are the same as side A. I imagine this is going to go down well with the BAFers that aren’t impressed with the cost of this record :). Glad I’ve got a copy after much procrastination. I’d warmly reccomend to those of you who like me were undecided about purchasing, both because of the price and the unorthodox method of selling.


Where is it available?
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Dubba » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 am

Send an email to RoryStoneLove@yahoo.com requesting how many copies you want as well as where you want it shipping to. He can take a while to respond but be patient!
Dubba
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 am

This is now listed on the internet sites now at £120.00 to £150.00 for the double vinyl depending where you source it
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 am

Were the original £50 LPs bought for the love of music or as an investment?
Ranking Glasses
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby kalcidis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 am

Both. I bought mine because I enjoy the album. For £150 I'd sell it. There are other records I'd enjoy more for that dunny.

He's playing in Stockholm tonight. With Junior Natural as well. Looking forward to it.
Image
User avatar
kalcidis
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:47 am
Location: sweden/stockholm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby marko » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 am

A mate and myself bought two copies not long ago from the London connection but shipped to Australia so cost a fair bit At no stage were we thinking about investment, it was a hard decision to buy but I wanted the Black Gold track with dub pretty bad and I missed out on the Rasta nuh Gangsta single so what are you going to do. The artist and producer decided they want to release music this way and that is their decision, you say yes or no, that is all.

The Soul Jazz 'dub plate' one sided 12"s are a different thing entirely however as this is a reissue company creating **** market dynamics and the artists aint getting much out of it at all. You know lots of people are buying them as an investment because several copies appear on Discogs immediately after release, proper music fans eh?
marko
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:33 am

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Ranking Glasses » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Philistines
Ranking Glasses
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Reggie Love » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm

The vinyl made it to London but not the artist. I think Rory said on Facebook that a deal with a promoter fell through. Hope something gets sorted out soon. Please let us know the gig goes Kalacidis, am curious to hear how the songs come off live.
Reggie Love
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:33 am
Location: London

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby kalcidis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Reggie Love wrote:Please let us know the gig goes Kalacidis, am curious to hear how the songs come off live.


Will do! The venue is called Slaktkyrkan. Which translates to The slaughter church... Haaaardcore.
Image
User avatar
kalcidis
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:47 am
Location: sweden/stockholm

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Werner » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:19 am

kalcidis wrote:Will do! The venue is called Slaktkyrkan. Which translates to The slaughter church... Haaaardcore.

And they really did the name of the venue justice, because it was a Murderation!!
Samory I himself was wicked, but that Black Heart Band...they are phenomenal! One of the best bands I have seen in a long time.
Don't miss if you get the chance to see them!
Werner
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby capullo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:43 pm

Samory I himself was wicked, but that Black Heart Band...they are phenomenal! One of the best bands I have seen in a long time.


i agree! was privileged to see samory i and the black heart band performing at skyline levels in kingston (close to dub club) in february. black heart band sounded like dub syndicate with style scott and flabba holt! drummer kirk bennett and bass player donald dennis are incredible! of course also samory i with a strong stage presence and the other musicians but drum and bass where the big stars for me that night!
capullo
 
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:50 pm
Location: Switzerland

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests