Ovations Shy Girl question

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Ovations Shy Girl question

Postby jps » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 pm

This tune has been a favorite of mine for a long time now but never actually picked up the single so I have a few questions regarding the 12" and 7"

Does the 12 actually have a separate dub or is it just an extended mix? The label shows Tsarina by DATC as well as Shy Girl but the video on youtube only has an extended mix at around 5 minutes. The version I have from the Rockers Vibration album is about the same time where the vocals end between 2 and 3 minutes and is an extended mix for another few minutes. So is the 12 the same as the the track on Rockers Vibration ablum?

How different is the vocal and dub mix on the 7"? From the youtube video it looks as if the vocal and dub are about 2 1/2 minutes long each but the mix for sure sounds a bit different.

I know there is also another mix on the Dub Catalogue album.

I do enjoy the Give Thanks and Praise tune which is a plus for the 12 but not sure which one to pick up.
jps

Re: Ovations Shy Girl question

Postby Well Charge » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:27 pm

I don't have any 7"/12", only "Rockers Vibration" cd. I do however have two mp3s of extended mixes, both different (also different mixing during the vocal part) than the mix on "Rockers Vibration", which is like between 4 and 5 minutes i think. So there's at least two different extended mixes out there. One has a version called Isarina Dub or something.
Last edited by Well Charge on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Well Charge

Re: Ovations Shy Girl question

Postby Well Charge » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:28 pm

i'll listen to it at home if i find it...
Well Charge

Return to General discussion