More Greensleeves getting the VP treatment

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

More Greensleeves getting the VP treatment

Postby flashman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 am

In addition to the screw up on the recent Josey Wales lp reissue the recent reissue of Johnny Osbourne-Water Pumping sounds like sh*#. Just so's ya know. Dangerous Dub sounds great, though. So that makes 1 out of 3.
flashman

Re: More Greensleeves getting the VP treatment

Postby Ital Dokta » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:35 am

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Have an original of the Josey but was planning on picking up the other two. Sounds like the Johnny is one to skip then. Can't say I've had any complaints about sound quality on any previous reissues.
Ital Dokta

Postby flashman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:52 am

most of the previous Greensleeves have been good, except John Holt -Police in Helicopter lp. The Johnny Osbourne has slightly distorted/overdriven bass, which drives me crazy. Someone asleep at the mastering wheel. I have an MP3 copy that sounds way better. I'm now starting to be as wary of Greensleeves as I am of VP. Seems QC is down since VP took over.
flashman

Postby skunkride » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:06 am

NEVER heard a bad sounding Greensleeves record...i always use their 12"s to test & adjust a sound. This is sad.
skunkride

Postby ras2thebone » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:42 am

skunkride wrote:NEVER heard a bad sounding Greensleeves record...i always use their 12"s to test & adjust a sound. This is sad.

Second that
ras2thebone

Postby itsmeagain » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 pm

flashman wrote:In addition to the screw up on the recent Josey Wales lp reissue the recent reissue of Johnny Osbourne-Water Pumping sounds like sh*#. Just so's ya know. Dangerous Dub sounds great, though. So that makes 1 out of 3.

How did they screw up the Josey album?
itsmeagain

Postby Dread Archive » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Might as well buy the original Greensleeves releases. Better quality & cheaper than bad represses with bad digital re-mastering on bad pressings.
Dread Archive

Return to General discussion