No don't legalise it

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: No don't legalise it

Postby Tune In 2 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Tune In 2

Postby itsmeagain » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am

Under me Sleng Teng is a great dancing tune though.
itsmeagain

Postby Tune In 2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Tune In 2

Postby jb welda » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:28 am

I am afraid that Soul Syndicate track just makes me cringe. And it starts with how they spelled the title. Smoke the seed, indeed.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 am

jb welda wrote:I am afraid that Soul Syndicate track just makes me cringe. And it starts with how they spelled the title. Smoke the seed, indeed.

one love
jb

I was thinking that too but didn't want to say!
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm

When I had one of my radio spots, I did a "worst of reggae music" show, once. I think I played that stupid Mariwana song at least three times, along with some other especially insipid music I cannot recall right off (better off forgotten anyway). I even warned whatever audience I might fool myself into thinking I had listening that I might get tired of all this crappy music and just leave the studio halfway through (didn't though, stuck in there like a good trooper). It was a fun evening and I even got a couple of calls congratulating me on picking out some especially horrendous stuff. but that song ranked right up there with the best/worst of the night. And my friend warren produced that or had something to do with it anyway, I think he likes the song. i hated it from the very first listen. cringe worthy to the max.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:25 pm

I used to think that about "Girly Girly" until I found myself dancing to it, along with everyone else, at a 60th birthday party the other night!
Ranking Glasses

Postby itsmeagain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:48 am

Ranking Glasses wrote:Thanks Chaz.

Not sure but it probably is skunk. Weed can be up to 30 times stronger than it was in my day and it's causing a lot of damage particularly to young people whose brains are still developing.

It's irresponsible and dangerous to have so many songs about the virtues of weed when it's causing so much harm. My young cousin is very bright and had recently started a university course. I just hope that he can recover from this.

Hope the lad is getting better.
The best way forward for him is to abstain from all illegal substances, and alcohol too.
All the men I work with in hospital, have been heavily on the cannabis and other muck.
They have all committed violence to others due to schizophrenia too.
Is the boy OK?
itsmeagain

Postby itsmeagain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:07 am

Ranking Glasses wrote:It's a balance between allowing freedoms and protecting people which is sometimes wrong and constantly changing. The balance in reggae is biased towards weed and I'm merely presenting the other side of the argument. I've never heard a reggae song saying that weed is harmful and should be banned. How can people make an informed choice on this basis?

If this post makes one person on this board reconsider their attitude to weed then I have succeeded. I would hate for anyone else to go through what my cousin and my nephew are going through. It is truly awful.

I think it's terrible and shows real lack of originality and imagination, to bombard the people with cannabis appreciation lyrics.
Stuff is potentially very dangerous.
itsmeagain

Postby itsmeagain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:51 am

Ranking Glasses wrote:Interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-9TA3wUkkY

The advocate for legalising it makes interesting points.Criminal gangs being blamed for high potency weed which he conceded, can cause disturbance of the mind.
itsmeagain

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:44 am

Legalised and controlled like in Canada?
Ranking Glasses

Postby itsmeagain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:55 am

Maybe so.
I am unsure whether the claims of the legalise it people would dissolve, given the chance.
itsmeagain

Postby KING NEWBIE » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:Legalised and controlled like in Canada?

dont legalise , Canada will be importing weed from Colombia full of pesticieds and glypho

grow your own
KING NEWBIE

Postby jb welda » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Some people just cannot handle a little freedom, and then we all suffer the consequences of their weakness. That is the root of tyranny and a nanny state who protects the weakest from themselves at the cost of everyone else's freedom.

Yes, grow your own, make it strong, and give it away. If you want to campaign against something, start with alcohol and tobacco. In other words, be honest instead of afraid of your own shadow.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:14 am

If alcohol and tobacco were only discovered today, I don't thonk they would be made legal.
Ranking Glasses

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion