B&F on Facebook

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: B&F on Facebook

Postby Chaz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:28 am

drwatts53 wrote:
Chaz wrote:When we were advised some time ago that the website could close at any time, I found and used this free website copier. It saves an offline copy, on which the search function works! https://www.httrack.com/

How big is the file?

My saved copy of the site from 2014 is 1.37 GB.
Chaz

Postby johnnyB » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:38 am

by Chaz » Tue May 29, 2018 1:09 pm
When we were advised some time ago that the website could close at any time, I found and used this free website copier. It saves an offline copy, on which the search function works!

https://www.httrack.com
/

You mean you can save on your hard disk the whole 699 pages of thread titles and their content?
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby Chaz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:11 pm

johnnyB wrote:
by Chaz » Tue May 29, 2018 1:09 pm
When we were advised some time ago that the website could close at any time, I found and used this free website copier. It saves an offline copy, on which the search function works!

https://www.httrack.com
/

You mean you can save on your hard disk the whole 699 pages of thread titles and their content?

As far as I'm aware, yes. It certainly looks to be the complete saved site with search functionality.
Chaz

Postby buzzlulu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:16 am

For Mac users check out a program called Sitesucker - iOS and Mac OS version
I just bought it ($4.99) and have been trying it now. So far it has been running for 9 hours sucking down the entire site.
I will let you know if it works!
buzzlulu

Postby Peacemakeya » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:28 am

it's sad but predictable that during this cultural low-tide era our B & F village fire place gathering spot will be shuttering it's door.

hope the historically valuable archives will be publicly 'Cloud' available and not dependant on each-to-their-own devices ... if it's a matter of a bit of money, surely a little crowd-funder can easily take care of it.

Much thanks to the Blood n Fire principals for all the public service and cultural excellence they've contributed to sweet reggae music.
Peacemakeya

Postby buzzlulu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm on a Mac OSX and used a site sucker program which downloaded the entire site to my hard drive.
The problem however is that the search function does not work - you cannot do a search. All the pages are on my hard drive however just not searchable.
I emailed the developer and he said that currently his program does not have that functionality. If I understood him correctly the way the search function works is that on a search the query is sent back to the up and running B&F server and then the results come back down via the inter webs.

Has anyone used a Windows site sucker program which will allow a search function?
buzzlulu

Postby Animist Roots » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Peacemakeya wrote:it's sad but predictable that during this cultural low-tide era our B & F village fire place gathering spot will be shuttering it's door.

hope the historically valuable archives will be publicly 'Cloud' available and not dependant on each-to-their-own devices ... if it's a matter of a bit of money, surely a little crowd-funder can easily take care of it.

Much thanks to the Blood n Fire principals for all the public service and cultural excellence they've contributed to sweet reggae music.

I agree with everything.
Count with some of my euros for that righteous cause.
Animist Roots

Postby B&F Moderator » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Steve Barrow just added some nice photos & videos over at facebook.

Check them out
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloodandfire/
B&F Moderator

Previous

Return to General discussion