Freddie McGregor - I Am Ready version

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Freddie McGregor - I Am Ready version

Postby Mark T » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:49 pm

I picked up a copy of Freddie McGregor's 'When I Am Ready' on the US imprint https://www.discogs.com/Freddy-McGregor ... se/6138084 Shockingly, as Studio One is usually meticulous about this type of thing, the version credited to Freddie & The Sound Dimension Band is not actually a version of the same rhythm/song.

Can anyone tell me which of the versions does have the correct version https://www.discogs.com/Freddy-McGregor ... ter/544342
Cheers,
Mark T
Mark T

Re: Freddie McGregor - I Am Ready version

Postby Ranking Sammy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 am

I'm guessing there are two songs named similarly that is causing the confusion; "When I Am Ready" and "I Am Ready". The latter one only exists on the album named also "I Am Ready", atleast to my knowledge.
Ranking Sammy

Postby Chaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:44 am

Ranking Sammy wrote:I'm guessing there are two songs named similarly that is causing the confusion; "When I Am Ready" and "I Am Ready". The latter one only exists on the album named also "I Am Ready", atleast to my knowledge.

Mark: Are you saying that instead of a version to When I am Ready on the reverse, it's the other song, I am Ready instead?
Chaz

Postby Mark T » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks guys, I assumed it was the same song with slightly different titles. I have the album so I will take a listen and see if the B side is a version of the album track.
Cheers, Mark T
Mark T

Postby django » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:31 pm

A little confusion to be cleared up.

I Am Ready, the title track from his second S1 LP is a version of I'm Ready To Learn [Heptones]. When I Am Ready is a cut to A Love I Can Feel rhythm, a 12" with Lone Ranger is also out there.
A.K.A Andy C
django

Postby Return of Jesco » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Adding to the confusion, Downbeat Special says that later reissues of the album replace the title track "Ready to Learn" version with "When I'm Ready"... While on Downbeat Special, the Mellow Dub entry was recently updated and mentions
that there is an extra untitled track - the tune is called Piel Canela or Cinnamon Skin (if Rob is on here), don't know who it's by but would guess Rolando Alphonso.
Return of Jesco

Postby Mark T » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Thank you!
Mark T
Mark T

Return to General discussion