Cd recorder which makes gaps for continuos reggae mix

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Cd recorder which makes gaps for continuos reggae mix

Postby jah_vaults » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:38 am

Is there a Cd recorder which can make the track gaps in the Cd whilst making a Reggae mix. Which Cd Recorder is best to use for specifically creating the Track gaps in the CD.
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Re: Cd recorder which makes gaps for continuos reggae mix

Postby jb welda » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 am

Do you really mean "gaps"? And not "track markers"

Because seems to me one thing you do not want in a continuous mix is gaps. Track markers maybe so you can access any individual song within the mix.

As for automatically (auto-magically we used to call it when users had bright ideas on automatic features they wanted) detecting and marking such track markers, that is going to be very difficult to do. For one thing, after all, it is a continuous mix. It is going to require human doing especially if you want it to really find track breaks when the songs flow together. And even when a human does it it will sound pretty abrupt on the startup of a new track because it will be after all in the continuous mix.

So the short answer is that I doubt you will find any software that will do it suitably. Maybe if the songs were individual songs with silence in between them, then software could do it. But continuous? I think you will have to sit down with some track editing software and make the track markers yourself.

Now I just noticed you said "CD recorder"...and I am not sure what this is in this context. I assume you mean the software that takes the output of your turntable or preamp and creates a digital file of it? And you want to do a live mix direct to a digital file and have the recording device detect when you change records? Perhaps something synced to your turntables might do that, but I do not know if such a beast exists. the way I would do it is record your mix, then load it into an editor that lets you make track marks and do them manually, then burn to cd from that marked file.

Please let us know if you discover any miracles though.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jah_vaults » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:13 am

jb welda wrote:Do you really mean "gaps"? And not "track markers"

Because seems to me one thing you do not want in a continuous mix is gaps. Track markers maybe so you can access any individual song within the mix.

As for automatically (auto-magically we used to call it when users had bright ideas on automatic features they wanted) detecting and marking such track markers, that is going to be very difficult to do. For one thing, after all, it is a continuous mix. It is going to require human doing especially if you want it to really find track breaks when the songs flow together. And even when a human does it it will sound pretty abrupt on the startup of a new track because it will be after all in the continuous mix.

So the short answer is that I doubt you will find any software that will do it suitably. Maybe if the songs were individual songs with silence in between them, then software could do it. But continuous? I think you will have to sit down with some track editing software and make the track markers yourself.

Now I just noticed you said "CD recorder"...and I am not sure what this is in this context. I assume you mean the software that takes the output of your turntable or preamp and creates a digital file of it? And you want to do a live mix direct to a digital file and have the recording device detect when you change records? Perhaps something synced to your turntables might do that, but I do not know if such a beast exists. the way I would do it is record your mix, then load it into an editor that lets you make track marks and do them manually, then burn to cd from that marked file.

Please let us know if you discover any miracles though.

one love
jb

Bless Jb yes i was meaning track markers. I just want to make Cd with track markers so its much easier to skip through the Cd. As Continuos mix without the track markers are not good for finding your favourite track especially if if it is at the end of the Cd. There is a free programme called audacity which helps create the track markers. And maybe some other programmes.

I was refering to CD recorder machine which can be hooked up straight in to the mixer and then you can record from the output signal to the CD recorder. Maybe there is some sofware which will automatically add the track markers to the continous mix instead of having to manually do it as with audacity.

The Cd should play without any breaks in the music when at the track marker points. Any more help please
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby Reggie Love » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 am

Jah Vaults,

I can recommend the Sony RCD-W100 Cd recorder. I have had one for many years and it is still working well. To add in track numbers you just press a button on the remote. So while doing a mix you can just press that button at any moment and the track numbers will increase by one. It's very easy.
Reggie Love

Postby John Eden » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Reggie Love wrote:Jah Vaults,

I can recommend the Sony RCD-W100 Cd recorder. I have had one for many years and it is still working well. To add in track numbers you just press a button on the remote. So while doing a mix you can just press that button at any moment and the track numbers will increase by one. It's very easy.

I have a Sony which does that too and I would recommend it for recording stuff. I agree with Jah Bill on the track marker thing though. If you are doing a vinyl mix it means you have to select the tunes and mix them AND also press the button when you start each track.

For finding things in continuous mixes you are better off listening via a computer and making a note of the track times
John Eden

Postby minidub » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

i have a sony as well, not sure what model.
when recording live all i need to do to add a track marker is press the "record" button, while it is recording.
have no idea if i ever had a remote for the piece.

m.
minidub

Postby yms » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm

You need to be aware that not all, even some high end, cd players support gapless playback so the cd you make may not play back seamlessly in another player.
yms

Postby John Eden » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 pm

yms wrote:You need to be aware that not all, even some high end, cd players support gapless playback so the cd you make may not play back seamlessly in another player.

This is incredibly annoying.
John Eden

Postby jb welda » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:42 am

yes it is incredibly annoying and it is quite commonplace too. Usually you can fiddle with your settings and get rid of it but I notice sometimes not too. Really stupid.

If I were doing this mix, I would only put track markers at the beginning of a riddim run, not for every individual song. The way some people do things these days individual songs are only going to last for thirty seconds in a mix, and you are going to end up with a whole lot of short tracks. A riddim run of ten minutes or so would be better, and that would cut down on the chances of a gap killing the flow.

one love
jb
jb welda

Return to General discussion